We recently moved to a new rental home and even though I brought everything with me, I love to have a fresh look. For the most part I will bring accent items, they are great to incorporate color, texture, warmth to any space. Searching around at Target I found so many great items for a quick fresh up on any home.
14 Home Decor Accents for a Fresh Up Look
2. Decorative Pillows are always a safe bet, you can choose either brighter colors to add pops of color or stay with a classical just to add a mix of texture. This one I love the fringe and little beads, they are not overwhelming and just makes it fun.
3. For door mats I always go for the fun ones! Simple with cute messages or bold colors. This ” YOU LOOK GOOD” is a great way to greet everyone that visits 😉
4. Bringing green into your home is a great way to make it look alive. I always find them inviting and instantly warms up your house. Even if you don’t have a green thumb now you can find faux plants that really look the part.
5. OMG, I almost died!! If you know me for a little while, you might noticed I love gingham. Well these kitchen towels are a great addition. I always like to mix patterns and colors and because black/ white and gingham are neutrals they go well with everything.
6. Changing up or adding table lamps tends to change the feel of the room. Color of finish, shape, how bright you want the light and I can go on. This caught my attention because of its industrial feel, it is great for my boys desk or even a entryway console.
7. When you bring color shower curtains to your bathroom it brightens it up, gives it life. Recently I am embracing more bold colors and this green looks amazing. Make it the statement piece!
8. Area rugs hands down make a big change. You are breaking the one-dimensional existing floor, giving it texture, color, patterns. You can add it under your dining table, living room and the best thing is that when you want a change you just have to switch it up for a new one, nothing mayor.
9. In any kids room a desk is a sign of growing up. With this move my boys are getting a fresh older look and the first thing I bought was a desk. This is a similar one but it represents the minimal look for the one I found for them. Just by adding this piece to the room, it suddenly went from toddler looking to a big boy’s room. They Love It!
10. This tray is made for towels but I love giving it different uses. I see it as a kitchen soap holder, a perfume holder, a jewel tray, amongst other ideas. Step out of the box and give it the use you need!
11. Wood serving trays drive me crazy! I love them to entertain but meanwhile I use them as decor in my kitchen. I lay a couple against the back splash to add warmth.
12. Again!! Love bringing nature inside, but if you are always in a rush and can’t take care of them, faux plants can also do the trick!
13. Wall art is also a simple way to create a statement wall or freshen up an already one. Remember to use the 3M removable adhesive strips, they hold wonders and when you change your mind just remove and no worries.
14. Simple classic table runner for a little drama on your dining table. There are more colorful ones but I loved this cream and black one.
Shop the Look!
I love making changes that are subtle but that make a big splash! What are your favorite accents pieces for freshening up a look?!