Summer with the kiddos has started for us and this year we decided that we wanted to visit family for a whole month. We are going to our beautiful island of Puerto Rico! I don’t know still what I will end up doing ,I have soo much things planned in my head that I’m all scattered. My OCD mode hasn’t kicked yet except for the luggage. I know for a fact that we will be away for 1 month and that we will definitely do laundry, that means I will pack for a week 1/2 and that will help keep my baggage lite, Haha(did you get my joke ;). I prepared a checklist and why not share with you my What to Pack for a 1 month Trip to the Caribbean tricks.
What to Pack for a 1 month Trip to the Caribbean
As mentioned before, we are going for a whole month and one of the tops things you should check is the availability of doing laundry. For me is easy because we will crash with family but it is good to know to figure out for how many days you will actually need to pack. I decided on 1 1/2 weeks of packing. How about you?
For each of your family members you should pack the following:
- Tops- 8 that can be dressed up or down and be interchangeable. White tops are my favorite for a tropical getaway
- Shorts- 3
- Dresses- 1 dress, 1 jumpsuit
- Shirts for boys- 2 for a special event
- Underwear- 10 per person (consider 2 per day)
- Nightwear- 3 per person
- Sock- 5 pairs per person
- Sneakers or sliders- 1 pair
- dress shoes- 1 pair
- sandals-1 pair
- Swimsuits– 2 for adults, 3 for children
- Rash guards- 1 for adult, 3 for children
- Swimsuit cover ups- 2 for adults, 3 for children (they will live wearing these)
- Light Jacket, just in case 😉
- Water shoes or flip flops- 1 pair
Lets not forget about accessorizing !
- Sunglasses- 1 pair
- Hats- 1
- Scarf- 2
- Necklaces- 2
- Earrings- 3 pairs
- Backpack- 1 for plane and long days
- Crossbody handbag- 1 for lighter days
Toiletries and Beauty items
For this part I suggest you check what you can purchase on your destination. Chances are you can find many of these products. If you want to travel lite it can be an option to get them once you arrive.
- Toothbrush/ toothpaste- 1 per person and if electric don’t forget at least one charger!
- Body wash
- Deodorant (let’s not forget this)
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Hair Mask . If you are going to be in pool or beach your hair will thank you!
- Body Lotion
- Eau de toilet or perfum
- Makeup essential (BB cream, lipstick, mascara, blush)
- Makeup remover. If easier you can get the wipes.
- Face, eye creams. Remember to include one with SPF
- Lip Balm
- Panty liners
- Medicines- if you take daily medication bring them with you and bring enough for the complete amount of days of your vacation.
Even though you will probably have limited amount of time to use your electronics due to all the adventures, just consider the following!
- Laptop (for those of you that have to work, boohoo!!).
- ipad (for the airplane)
- head phones
- Camera, camera charger
For those of you that need an actual checklist, you are in LUCK!! You can print the one I created and just check away.
And if you are an expert on packing, let me know your tips and tricks!